Vision Trilingual Preschool San Marcos is the first trilingual preschool establishment of the Vision Preschool Network to launch in the United States of America. Inspired by a trilingual Canadian concept that has over 25 years of experience, children will benefit from unique development opportunities in a multilingual environment.
At Vision Trilingual Preschool San Marcos, activities will be organized in an English-Spanish double immersion context. Since learning new languages is much easier at a young age, we are giving children the opportunity to start learning as early as possible.
Vision Trilingual Preschool San Marcos believes that every child should be invited to develop the taste of learning. That’s why our proposed themes, workshops, and other fun activities allow children to develop all facets of their personality in a rich and stimulating family environment.
Our unique international early childhood activities will allow young children to learn about their immediate environment, as well as the rest of the world! Learning centers containing rich, varied and adaptable material will stimulate the children’s curiosity and allow them to make their first explorations. The warm and stimulating family environment of our small school will also allow young children to flourish and develop harmoniously. Play, workshops, psychomotor development and exploration through imagination will be at the heart of the daily activities of our preschool. Each child will be our priority.
Activities will be held in English and Spanish, with a touch of French, to the delight of children! Specifically designed activities will allow children to develop their creativity, to socialize and to express themselves through various modes: visual arts, drama, music, sports, etc.
Here is an overview of the services that will be put in place to meet your needs and those of your children:
- Open all year
- Small groups
- Daily thematic activities and workshops
- Safe family environment
- Psychomotor activities each day
- English-Spanish immersion activities with qualified educators
- Focus on English and Spanish vocabulary skills
- French initiation through fun activities
- The innovative Vision approach, specially trained and qualified staff, exclusive educational programs, and a stimulating living environment inspired by the Canadian model—this is what Vision Trilingual Preschool San Marcos will offer its children.
Toddlers (2 years old)
The 2-year-old children need to develop their mental representation capacity, a necessary skill that will help them better understand their immediate environment. From this age on, children begin to use imaginary contexts in which language development and the use of symbols are a priority.
Children learn more and more about everyday life through activities that are significant to them. They get to explore and reflect on their environment through interactions with other children and, of course, the always present educator. Through play, children develop both their personal and social skills. Here is a sample of the 2-year olds’ daily activities:
- Role games
- Drawings, painting
- Spontaneous writing
- Interactive readings
- Matching and comparison games
- Exploration, Construction, Expression, Literacy, and Symbolic Play Workshops
Preschool (3 and 4 years old)
In these age groups, the children’s intuition and knowledge is challenged in order to gradually develop a logical understanding of their environment. That’s why we focus on the children’s participation in reflection and discussion activities where fun is always at the forefront. Socialization is becoming increasingly important, and children are guided to resolve conflicts using different strategies. Interactive reading of stories and pre-writing activities are more and more present. Here is a sample of the 3 and 4-year olds’ daily activities:
- Literacy activities
- Scientific experiments
- Numeracy activities
- Exploration, Construction, Expression, Literacy and Symbolic Play Workshops
Our preschool includes in its facilities a mini gym especially adapted to young and older children. In addition to helping children develop their motor skills, the proposed activities play an important role in building solid foundations for their future learning. This will ensure that they have greater fluency in languages, reading, writing and mathematics.
It’s before the age of 6 that children are most physically transformed. During this period, it’s essential that all children be stimulated in each stage of their development. Providing children with an adapted and stimulating environment in which they will get to participate in a variety of motor and psychomotor activities will allow them to develop important skills and competencies:
- Development of a good posture
- Awareness of laterality (left and right)
- Development of eye-hand coordination
- Ability to focus on specific visual and auditory stimuli
- Understanding of basic body mechanics.
- All of our program’s activities respect the natural order of the transition from infancy to childhood. Our philosophy is based on learning through play and aims to get every child to enjoy participating in physical activities and to engage in such activities on a regular basis. Through our fun and challenging activities, children will develop a taste for physical activities. This in turn will help them adopt a healthy lifestyle at a very young age.
At Vision Trilingual Preschool San Marcos, we believe that as children develop their motor skills, the better prepared they will be for elementary school and the more interested they will be to transfer their newly acquired habits into their daily lives.